B&O Depot- Oakland
A historic former B&O Railroad Station (built in 1884), constructed with brick masonry exterior bearing walls, was completely restored.
The restoration included repointing, cleaning and sealing the brick masonry; the existing partial slate and shingle roofing was removed and a new slate roof with terne-coat stainless flashings was installed; all exterior architectural wood exposed roof rafters and overhang with brackets was stripped of paint and repainted; all wood windows (generally double hung with stained glass upper sash) were stripped of paint, repaired/restored or rebuilt; all wood panel doors were stripped of paint, repaired/restored and rehung with new hardware.
Interior work included stripping, sanding and refinishing wood floors and the repair of the plaster walls and ceilings; the basement was cleared of debris, partially excavated and a new concrete slab poured.
The site development includes demolition of various site amenities including a new stamped asphalt parking area, new brick paved sidewalks and landscape features such as site lighting and furniture were included along with new utilities.
- Location: Oakland, MD
- Client: Town of Oakland, MD
- Services: Concept/Construction Documents
- Cost: $1,100,000