Mills Group is Hiring a Preservation Associate
Oct 12 2021 — Tuesday
Mills Group is a West Virginia architecture firm of dedicated creative professionals who work to improve our communities through timeless design, “designing on the principles of the past while preserving for the future.” We are currently seeking a talented and motivated preservation associate to assist in all aspects of project design and development in our Morgantown, WV office.
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated, well-rounded architect or architectural historian with at least 5 years of professional experience to join our team. Responsibilities will include performing historical research, technical writing, hands-on condition assessments, surveying and drafting existing conditions and new construction, and developing recommendations and rehabilitation designs meeting the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards. Periodic travel throughout the state and surrounding region is required. The candidate shall possess:
- Degree in Architecture, History, Architectural History, or related field, plus at least 5 years of full-time experience in the field
- Proficiency in Revit with at least 3 years’ experience
- Proficiency in various computer modeling and rendering software (including but not limited to: Sketchup, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledge of historic building construction, materials, and maintenance
- Experience in evaluating resources for NRHP listing, Section 106 and Section 110
- Experience in documentation for state and federal tax incentives
- Knowledge of the historic design review process
- Self-starter and motivated learner
- Highly developed communication skills, particularly with senior management, clients and consultants
- Organized, detail oriented, timeline driven and ability to work in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
Mills Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and paid time off.
Contact email@example.com with cover letter and summary of experience.